Monday 7 February 2011

The weekend's haunts ......

At the weekend I headed up north to visit a couple of exhibitions and places that inspire me and could influence my work and blog. I stopped off at the Redbrick store and gallery in Yorkshire . It's a fantastic traditional old mill by Yorkshire standards that's been superbly transformed into a multi-complex store of designer shops and galleries selling just about anything and everything from retro to hand made in the art scene.
These lovely old buildings in Yorkshire just lend themselves to become gallery space . They are huge inside with fantastic, origional brick features and iron pillars .
These Heal's vintage posters caught my eye. From the 1950's they look amazing . I love the colours and the imagery. Fantastic illustrations from an era gone by .

No comments:

Post a Comment